Care for the Entire Person
Have you heard the term cura personalis? It’s not just another old Latin phrase here at SLU; it’s an expression that forms the core of how we nurture spiritual life in our community.
Message to the SLU Community
Dear members of the SLU community,
Even as we are away from our normal routine and our SLU community, Campus Ministry hopes to continue to be “With you on the Way” - as you carry on with school, work, and family; as you grieve the semester and the lives that are being turned upside down and lost around the world; and as you celebrate those good things in our lives that refuse to be drowned out by pain and loss. Below we have listed some programs to help keep you connected to SLU, to one another, and to our staff. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us individually or at email@example.com if you would care to speak to one of us or if a need arises that we can help to meet.
You can sign up here to receive our newsletter. This weekly email includes updates about upcoming programs, events and opportunities through campus ministry.
Campus Minister Christy Hicks produced a video Examen for our graduating students. You can view that Examen here.
Campus Ministry produced a "Senior Walking Pilgrimage" highlighting locations around campus to help students, particularly graduating students, say goodbye to campus while we are unable to be there in person. Click the link above to view the document.
End-of-Year 9 p.m. Mass
Our live-streamed end-of-year 9pm Mass from Sunday, May 3 is available to view at Campus Ministry's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRuZSGTX_4rQKk65sE6C13g
As members of the Body of Christ, we the Saint Louis University community want to re-member: to hold together that which has been dispersed, and to recall that which we both grieve and celebrate. We invite you to re-member with us: share with us what/how you are grieving, what/who you miss, what fills you with hope, what you are celebrating and how you finding meaning during this time away from SLU. We encourage both written reflections and multimedia submissions: poetry, art, pictures of your life now, photos of favorite places on campus, and prayers that are particular points of grace for you right now. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your re-memberings or for more information. Visit https://werememberslu.wordpress.com/ to read reflections by other members of the SLU community.
Join us for one of these weekly events. All times are in Central Time.
- Daily Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat House - 5:15 pm
- Daily Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 5 p.m.
- Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 9 a.m.
- Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat Center - 10 a.m.
- Mass with SLU Jesuits at Manresa Retreat Center - 10 a.m.
- Mass with Jean de Brébeuf Jesuit Community - 10 a.m.
- Mass at Saint Francis Xavier College Church - 10:30 a.m.
Resources for Prayer in this Time of Pandemic
Below you will find a number of resources for prayer in this time of pandemic. Please join us in Campus Ministry in finding those ways that you connect with your spiritual life during this time. If you are looking for individual conversation with a Campus Minister, please feel free to email staff directly or email@example.com and we will set up a time with you.
- Online Masses and Prayer Resources from the Central and Southern Province of the Society of Jesus
- Pray as You Stay
- A Coronavirus Prayer
- Examen for Life During Covid-19
- Pope Francis’ prayer to Mary during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- A Meditation for the Anxious During Covid-19
- ISN Lent resource
- ISN Coronavirus webpage
- USCCB COVID-19 prayers and resources
- Xavier University - Prayers During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Discernment in the Cave - An Ignatian Digital Retreat for A Pandemic from the Jesuits
- Ignatian Solidary Network Coronavirus Prayers and Reflections
- Imagine: A Guide to Jesuit Prayer Podcast
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcasts with Laura McInerny
- On Being podcasts with Krista Tippett - A Care Package for Uncertain Times
Affiliate Ministry Resources
- Reliant College Ministry
- Crave is collecting donations for boxed lunches to be delivered to healthcare workers at the hospital and offering grocery kits that people can purchase and pick up. More info will be on http://cravestl.org/ soon.
- Canaan Fellowship
Canaan Fellowship is still meeting weekly on Fridays via Zoom at 7:30-9 p.m. for a time of fellowship, Bible study, and sharing. The Chinese church which supports Canaan Fellowship, St. Louis Chinese Christian Church, is also offering Sunday services online. If anyone would like to get connected to the Zoom meetings, they can email the Fellowship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episcopal Campus Ministry/Rockwell House
Episcopal Campus Ministryis holding Wednesday night “Feast” virtually via Zoom, focusing on conversation, Bible study, and night prayer. Instead of creating a Sunday worship service online, the ministry's students elected to join their partner parish for their Sunday morning livestream. The ministry does have a virtual coffee hour on Zoom afterward. Worship via Holy Communion’s Facebook Livestream is at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays with a Virtual Coffee Hour after. For information, see the website or email Rev. Beth Scriven (email@example.com) or Assistant Chaplain Maddy Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UKirk is holding three main programming events throughout the week all via Zoom: Sunday evening worship, Wednesday night Bible Study, and Thursday night game/catch up night. UKirk is also providing regular pastoral office hours. Students can find information on how to connect by reaching out to Rev. Max Hill by phone at 501-940-3864 or email at email@example.com. Find recorded portions of worship and information on how to connect via Facebook, Instagram or their website.
- Chabad Resources
- Washington University Hillel Resources
- Buddhist Prayer